- Invest in some high quality ear plugs.
- Look directly at the loud talker, make eye contact, and plug your ears with your fingers.
- Cover the loud talker's mouth with your hand.
- Interrupt the loud talker mid-sentence with a quick fire extinguisher blast to the face.
- Round-house kick the loud talker in the mouth. Make sure they don't see it coming. Repeat as necessary.
- Duct tape.
- Drown out the loud talker's voice with your blood curdling screams every time they begin to speak.
There is a good chance none of the above strategies will provide a permanent solution.
Therefore, loud talkers must go.
(Rest in peace, Billy Mays.)